Welcome to night 7 of the 4th annual 14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon Giveaway. Make sure to stop by our main Giveaway Post and enter to win a $400+ Prize Pack full of decadent treats from 16 fabulous shops! Tonight we have the next movie from the Valentine Movie Marathon. Follow along daily for extra entries and the chance for a bonus 20 entries at the end of the giveaway. You can also play the Guess The Movie game for even more entries. But that's not all! Keep reading to find the next feature on one of our participating shops. Enjoy and have fun!
|Sassy Vintage Ladies Compact ~ Love You|
Purchase any item(s) from Laughing Vixen Lounge through February 28th and receive 10% off your order. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout
Make sure to stop by and enter the Crazy Cupid Giveaway. You could win your choice of Compact Mirror and Necklace or Photo Pendant from Laughing Vixen Lounge. And it will get you extra entries in this giveaway!!! Ends February 15th.
Featured Shop ~ CallunaMuse
CallunaMuse is run by Heather from Fort Wayne, IN. CallunaMuse has a wide variety of beaded earrings and necklaces.
How did you choose your shop name?
Why did you choose to make/sell what you do?
What inspires the designs/creations you make?
What new designs/creations would you like to add to your shop in the future?
"I will be adding necklaces in the coming year, and perhaps bracelets among other things. I'd like to have more variety in that respect as I already have a wide range of different types of earrings!"
You'll have a chance to win a pair of black and red beaded earrings from CallunaMuse. Enter now on the main Giveaway Post.
|Black Beaded Earrings w/Red Disc Accent|
Visit CallunaMuse on Etsy.
Since it's February, I asked the shops to share their favorite love story movies.
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Very few movies really create any sort of 'feelings' for me but this one did me in the first time I watched it, and every time subsequently! You can run, you can hide, but true love will find a way in the end. I love the quirky, strong way they delivered their message!"
14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon
Follow along with us for 2 weeks full of classic and modern love story movies. On each daily post there will be a review of the next movie in our marathon. Leave a comment on the post, with your opinion of the movie, and you can receive 2 entries in the giveaway. Each day you comment you can receive 2 entries. You will find the daily entries on the Rafflecopter on the main Giveaway Post.
*You may start following the marathon at any time and comment on past posts to catch up.
Plus, if you comment on all 14 movies you can receive a bonus 20 entries. On the last day of the giveaway you will find the magic phrase you can use to unlock the bonus entries on the Rafflecopter. *You must comment on each movie to qualify for the bonus entries.
Guess The Movie Game
Each daily post will have a clue to the next night's movie. Leave your guess on the Rafflecopter widget, on the main Giveaway Post, for 2 entries in the giveaway.
*Guesses must be posted the same day as their clue to receive the 2 entries.
*The Rafflecopter widget will reset to a new day 24 hours after you left your last clue.
*Please do not post guesses anywhere else on the blog or they will be deleted and not count.
Tonight's Clue ~ He wants revenge for his family. She wants revenge on the man who caused her accident. Two broken souls find each other and the chance to believe in life again. **OK, you have to think outside the box on this one as it is not in the romantic genre but has a great love story none the less***
Night 7 ~ 10 Things I Hate About You
Taglines - Romeo, Oh Romeo, Get Out Of My Face.
How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.
Songs from the movie playing on the Jukebox...
*I Want You To Want Me by Letters to Cleo.
* Cruel To Be Kind by Letters to Cleo.
*FNT by Semisonic.
Directed by Gil Junger (If Only You) and released on March 31, 1999 by Buena Vista Pictures (Rated PG-13). Bianca wants to date but her father makes a rule. She can only date when her sister, Kat, dates. Problem is no one wants to date Kat! Can they find someone willing to take Kat out so Bianca can date her dream guy? Oh what troubles thou dost have!!!
This Vixen simply adores Heath Ledger. My list usually contains one of his movies as I can not imagine a better leading man for a romantic movie. And though it is still very hard to watch his movie now, this one can not help but make you smile.
Loosely based on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew, 10 Things I Hate About You is a great example of how good teen comedies can be. It is funny, smart and sweet. Yes, it has many of the same pitfalls that most romantic comedies have and the script is rather predictable. That aside I find this move very funny and very sweet. It deserves to be put up there with John Hughes greats like Sixteen Candles and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. You do not have to be a teen to enjoy it. We have all been there. It will still make you giggle even if your teen days have long since passed.
Take a look at the original trailer.
Some trivia about the movie.
1. Heath Ledger beat out Josh Hartnett and Ashton Kutcher for the role of Patrick.
2. School used in film is Stadium High School, Tacoma, Washington. The school was first built as a grand, chateau-style railroad station hotel but after it suffered fire damage, was renovated into a high school.
3. Julia Stiles originally auditioned for the role of Bianca Stratford.
4. Larisa Oleynik and Joseph Gordon-Levitt also date each other in 3rd Rock from the Sun (1996), as Tommy and Alissa.
5. Several names reflect the Shakespearean origin of "The Taming Of The Shrew". Bianca's and Kat's last name is Stratford (William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon). Patrick's last name is Verona (birthplace of Petruchio, the corresponding character from the play). The high school is called Padua, which is the city in which the play is set. And the two girl's names are Kat and Bianca (the names of the girls are Bianca and Katherina [Kate] in the play.)
6. One of the taglines for this movie is "How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways" which is an obvious play on "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways." Although this movie contains multiple references to William Shakespeare and "The Taming of the Shrew", the line "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways" was written not by Shakespeare, but by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. It is the first line of Sonnet 43 from Barrett Browning's "Sonnets from the Portuguese"
7. The original song scripted for Patrick to sing to Kat to gain her forgiveness was "I Think I Love You" by 'the Partridge Family'.
8. The large sculpture in the background in the scene where Cameron approaches Bianca for help is not a set piece, but an actual mixed media sculpture known as the Fremont Troll, The Troll or The Troll Under the Bridge. Its location is under the north end of the Aurora Bridge.