Welcome to night 14 of the 4th annual 14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon Giveaway. Make sure to stop by our main Giveaway Post by Midnight PST and enter to win a $400+ Prize Pack full of decadent treats from 16 fabulous shops! Tonight we have the last movie from the Valentine Movie Marathon. If you have been follow along you can take your extra 20 entries today. See full details below. You will also find the last two features on our participating shops. We hope you have had fun and thanks so much for joining us for some Valentine's Day fun!!!
|Classic Rock Collection ~ Coming Soon|
Purchase any item(s) from Laughing Vixen Lounge through February 28th and receive 10% off your order. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout
Make sure to stop by and enter the Crazy Cupid Giveaway. You could win your choice of Compact Mirror and Necklace or Photo Pendant from Laughing Vixen Lounge. And it will get you extra entries in this giveaway!!! Ends February 15th.
Featured Shop ~ Mean Look
Mean Look is run by Vanessa from Ellijay, GA. You will find lots of geeky, weird and spooky designs in her shop.
How did you choose your shop name?
Why did you choose to make/sell what you do?
What inspires the designs/creations you make?
What new designs/creations would you like to add to your shop in the future?
"This is a tough one! I have so many. I love Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but You've Got Mail is also a favorite. I know it may seem cheesy to name this movie, but I did meet my boyfriend of 12 years (February 2nd!) online!"
Featured Shop ~ Laughing Vixen Lounge
Laughing Vixen Lounge is a one woman show run by me, Kris, from just outside Portland, Oregon. The Lounge is proud to bring you Bangles, Baubles and other Needful Things.
|Luck Of The Irish Charm Bracelet|
The Lounge is full of compact mirrors, bracelets, photo pendants and necklaces all in fun pop culture designs. I love doing custom orders! Just ask. This year I hope to add lockets, rings, purse hangers, earrings and new bracelet styles in addition to more pendant and compact designs. Lots of new stuff to come!
|Purse / Bag Hangers ~ Coming Soon|
The Lounge is also your first choice in Supernatural inspired jewelry. Our SPN designs have gone out all over the world and to many a SPN Convention. They have even been seen in a photo or two with our customers and the boys themselves! Woohoo!!! If you're a fan of the show I'm sure you'll find our designs are the best around now with "Create Your Own" options.
|Supernatural Necklace - Style G ~ #1 Selling Item!|
You will also find a large assortment of classic and modern horror themed designs. From vintage novels like Frankenstein and Dracula to classic B titles like Attack of the 50ft Woman and Attack of the Giant Leeches to modern classics like Friday the 13th to current inspired designs like Dexter and The Walking Dead.
|Camp Blood Deluxe Charm Bracelet|
If you are a Zombie lover Laughing Vixen Lounge has all you need to accessorize for the Zombie Apocalypse!
|Zombie Apocalypse Premium Charm Bracelet|
Laughing Vixen Lounge will be donating $1 from each item sold from the shop to help sponsor DJ the Cougar.
It takes $500 to sponsor a cat for one year. Since November Laughing Vixen Lounge has raised $461. You can read about DJ's story and the fundraising project on the LVL blog here. Since DJ's total has almost been met, here is a peek at the next cat Laughing Vixen Lounge will be fundraising for. Meet Cha-Cha the Serval.
$3 from each item from the new Hep Cat Collection will go to help the LVL fundraiser. New items will continue to be added to this collection. Keep an eye out for other new cat themed collections that will donate the higher $3 per item. The next one will be "Ted the Cat goes to Paris". So cute!
|Hep Cat Compact ~ Style D|
You'll have a chance to win a $50 gift certificate from Laughing Vixen Lounge. Enter now on the main Giveaway Post.
|Vintage Easter Small Pendant - Style A|
Visit Laughing Vixen Lounge and use coupon code FEBRUARY10 at checkout for 10% off your order.
Through the whole giveaway you have seen some of my favorite love story movies. So for my shop feature I am going with a new title that is opening today in theaters here in the US. Winter's Tale looks to be a great romantic movie. It has a bit of fantasy to it and lots of romantic goodness. It's built on the "love spans all time" theme. You may as well just stamp the word "sucker" on my forehead as I have no resistance to a good romantic tale. It starts off back in time where everyone is dressed so dapper. And there's dancing and sappy, swooning dialouge of love. A cute boy who travels over time for the one great love of his life. Oh my, why fight it? I'll be there with money in hand and tissue in pocket!
Take a look at the trailer.
14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon
Follow along with us for 2 weeks full of classic and modern love story movies. On each daily post there will be a review of the next movie in our marathon. Leave a comment on the post, with your opinion of the movie, and you can receive 2 entries in the giveaway. Each day you comment you can receive 2 entries. You will find the daily entries on the Rafflecopter on the main Giveaway Post.
*You may start following the marathon at any time and comment on past posts to catch up.
Plus, if you comment on all 14 movies you can receive a bonus 20 entries. On the last day of the giveaway you will find the magic phrase you can use to unlock the bonus entries on the Rafflecopter. *You must comment on each movie to qualify for the bonus entries.
Have you been following the Valentine Move Marathon? Did you comment on each daily movie post? If not you still have until tonight at Midnight PST to do so. Once you have you may take this magic phrase and use it to unlock the 2 entries on the Rafflecopter to receive your extra 20 entries!!! But please, you may only take these 2 entries if you have left comments on all 14 movies.
Magic Phrase ~ I made it through the 14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon with my heart intact!
Night 14 ~ Say Anything
Tagline - To know Lloyd Dobler is to love him.
Diane Court is about to know Lloyd
She's got every thing going for her.
He's going for her with every thing he's got.
A Lloyd meets girl story
Songs from movie playing on the jukebox...
*In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
Directed by Cameron Crow (Almost Famous) on released on April 14, 1989 by Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation (Rated PG-13). Lloyd (John Cusack) and Diane (Ione Skye) fall in love the summer after graduation. When Diane gets a scholarship to study in England she has a choice to make. Listen to her father and dump Lloyd or listen to her heart and stay?
I love this movie. It doesn't get much better than this. This movie came out the same year I graduated from High School and it was Seattle before it was trendy to set everything in Seattle. Lloyd is charming and sweet. Diane is beautiful and warm. The movie is funny, sweet and even a little heart breaking. It is love at it's most simple and "basic". Ha!
Best line - "I gave her my heart and she gave me a... pen." - Lloyd
Go watch it now!!!
Take a look at the original trailer.
Some trivia about the movie...
1. The Smithereens were commissioned by Cameron Crowe to write the theme song for the movie, and they came up with "A Girl Like You". Crowe thought that the lyrics were too leading (they outline the entire plot), so he rejected it in favor of Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes". "A Girl Like You" went on to be included in The Smithereens' next album, "11", and in the movie Backdraft (1991) by Ron Howard.
2. Director Cameron Crowe couldn't find the love song he wanted until he heard Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes". Gabriel asked to see part of the movie. Crowe had the production company send him an unfinished cut. Gabriel responded by saying he would let them use the song, as he liked the film. He was, however, wary about the part where the lead character overdosed at the end. It was then that Crowe realized that Gabriel had been sent a copy of Wired (1989) instead.
3. When Lloyd (John Cusack) drives along 45th street in Seattle, he passes the Guild 45th Theatre, which is showing Tapeheads (1988), in which Cusack also appeared.
4. Kirk Cameron was nearly cast as Lloyd instead of John Cusack.
5. John Cusack's kick boxing scenes in the ring, including the one where his nose is broken, are done with Don 'The Dragon' Wilson who is a real-life kick boxing champion.
6. Robert Downey Jr. turned down the lead played by John Cusack.
7. Christian Slater auditioned for the role of Lloyd Dobbler but director Cameron Crowe was adamant about getting John Cusack. Also, there was a tie between Ione Skye and actress Jennifer Connelly for the role of Diane Court.
8. Director Cameo: [Cameron Crowe] and wife Nancy Wilson as pedestrians in front of the mall as Lloyd passes by while recalling the site of their first "date".
9. The dojo featured in this movie is the same one that was used in The Karate Kid (1984) as the Cobra Kai dojo.
10. When Lloyd holds up the radio, it is actually playing a song by the group Fishbone. "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel was added post-production.
11. Lloyd makes several references in the movie to "Bell Square" mall, short for Bellevue Square (located in Bellevue, Washington). When Lloyd is driving in the rain and sees the mall, he is actually driving by Westlake Center (located in downtown Seattle).
12. Producer James L. Brooks said what inspired this movie was an incident where Brooks saw a man walking with his daughter. He saw them and wondered what would happen if the father committed a crime. Those thoughts were used to create the story.
13. The original Australian VHS release through CBS Fox features an early Simpsons short.
14. John Cusack put a scar on his right eyebrow for Lloyd's character. He says that the story behind that is that someone threw a rock at Lloyd when he was a kid.
15. The movie's line "I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen." was voted as the #73 of "The 100 Greatest Movie Lines" by Premiere in 2007.
16. Bebe Neuwirth's film debut.
17. Lloyd and Diane's school appears to be based on The Lakeside School, which is a very prestigious Seattle private school. In the movie, the school is called "Lakewood" (and has a rooster mascot, rather than a lion), but in Lloyd's first phone conversation with Diane, John Cusack mentions that at his annual party, Lloyd "dresses up as the Lakeside rooster."
18. Ione Skye once dated Anthony Kiedis, lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, whose song "Taste the Pain" opens the movie.