|Sassy Vintage Ladies Compact - Wild $15|
Purchase any item(s) from Laughing Vixen Lounge through February 28th and get 10% off your order. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout.
More Valentine Giveaways
Make sure to stop by and enter our other Valentine Giveaways going on this month. You'll have a chance to win some fun Laughing Vixen Lounge items.
Crazy Cupid Giveaway Hop Giveaway - Win you choice of Compact Mirror and Necklace - Ends 2/15
Forget Me Nots Giveaway Hop Giveaway - Win you choice of Compact Mirror and Necklace - Ends 2/14
Valentine Giveaway hosted by Strange Daze Indeed - Win you choice of Valentine Necklace from Laughing Vixen Lounge and a yummy cake from My Grandma's of New England - Ends 2/14
Featured Shop - Joie Joelle Creations
Joie Joelle Creations is run by Joyce from La Jolla, CA. Her shop is full of Spell Candles, Bath Salts, Oils and other aromatherapy products.
|Say It With Love Candle $14|
How did you choose your shop name?
"Well my name is Joyce so I decided to match my name all the way around. Since Joyce means Joy, I used my french name Joelle which was given to me when I was in french class then I went and googled a french word for Joy and i found Joie, Therefore, I named it Joie Joelle Creations."
|Peace Bath Salts $10|
Why did you choose to make/sell what you do?
"I want to spread the healing energy we need in this world. Our society can be rather stressful that we can easily forget that we are our own creator in manifesting any positive in our life. This is why I bring out products to give that extra positive energy to help you bring that focus in what want out of your own life."
|Mini Don't Worry Be Happy Candle $12|
What inspires the designs/creations you make?
"The designs come from the universe itself. A lot of times I channel these ideas from my spirit guides or Angels to create different products for my shop. I am also inspired by my friends, family and returning customers as I do get honest feed back that they are getting positive results from using my items. It inspires to be more creative as I do always test my products first before I bring it out to my shop."
|Love Drawing Oil $4|
What new designs/creations would you like to add to your shop in the future?
"I am in the process of creating a line of aromatherapy items such as bath salts, sugar scrubs, sprays, and also incense"
|Love Spell Candle Sample Pack $12|
You'll have a chance to win a $20 Gift Certificate from Joie Joelle Creations. Enter now on the main giveaway page.
|Good Health Candle $18|
Visit Joie Joelle Creations and use coupon code VALENTINE2013 at checkout for 15% off your order.
Since it's Valentine's Day I had to ask the shops to share their favorite love story movies.
"My favorite movie for valentine's day is Pretty Woman with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts. I just love the humor behind it and no matter how this movie gets its classic for me. I just never get tired of it. It brings me smiles to my face and I love the theme song too!"
14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon
Follow along with us for 2 weeks full of classic and modern love story movies. Each night there will be a review of the next movie in our movie marathon. Leave a comment on each post with your opinion of that movie. On the last day you will find the magic phrase you will use to unlock the entry on the Rafflecopter worth 10 entries in the giveaway. You must comment on each movie post to qualify.
Guess The Movie Game
This time around we decided not to post the movie list in full so we can play a fun game instead. Each daily post will have a clue to the next night's movie. Each day you can leave your guess on the Rafflecopter widget, on the main giveaway page, for 2 entries in the giveaway. **Guesses must be posted the same day as their clue to receive the 2 entries**
Tonight's Clue ~
"I truly love you but you're driving me mad." Living with a ghost isn't easy.
Night 9 - King Kong ~ 1976
Tagline - The most exciting original motion picture
event of all time.
Directed by John Guillermin (Towering Inferno and Death on the Nile) and released on December 17, 1976 by Paramount Pictures (rated PG). Boy (Jeff Bridges) meets girl (Jessica Lange). Girl meets giant monkey (dude in a monkey suit). Boy and giant monkey fight over girl. Just in case you don't know yet, I won't tell you who wins! 8)
OK, go ahead and roll your eyes and mumble to yourself "Is she crazy?". I know the 1976 version of King Kong is the most hated version of this movie. Now of course the original 1933 version is the best. The little stop motion King Kong is the cutest looking and has one sassy attitude as he likes to cram people into his mouth. But I enjoy watching this 70's remake.
Jeff Bridges is cute with his scruffy mountain man look. Jessica Lange is pretty even if she does come off as about the worst actress ever. And yes, King Kong is a dude in a monkey suite, with a kind of creepy and sometimes perverted look on his face, but it works for me.
The story is changed slightly to modernize it. The ship is going to Skull Island looking for oil as their was a huge gas shortage in the '70s. Also, King Kong makes his famous climb at the end up the World Trade Center instead of the Empire State Building. It seems really wrong for this to be changed but at the time the Trade Center was the highest building in town. And it is nice to see the Twin Towers have a moment of glory on screen that makes you smile instead of cry.
Rick Baker (effects wizard who did the make up for An American Werewolf in London) designed and wore the monkey suit. And if you are wondering if this really qualifies as a love story, AFI (American Film Institute) listed it as #24 on it's top 100 love stories of all time. So there you go.
Take a look at the original trailer
Some trivia about the movie...
1. Carlo Rambaldi was to design a life-sized mechanical gorilla for filming. While the massive and expensive model was being constructed, makeup artist Rick Baker built a much cheaper gorilla costume to wear in some scenes. Sources differ as to what happened to Rambaldi's model.
2. Universal had originally planned to make a more faithful remake of King Kong to be entitled "The Legend of King Kong", which was going to be a period piece set in the 1930s. However, they backed out when this modern remake was announced.
3. Hammer Studios had also intended to remake the movie a few years earlier, but it was scrapped after a few test reels were shot. However, some of the Hammer footage was used in a Volkswagen commercial.
4. Roman Polanski, Michael Winner, and Sam Peckinpah were offered the chance to direct, but all turned it down.
5. Bo Derek was offered the role of Dwan but turned it down.
6. Employees of the Empire State Building expressed their displeasure at the producers' decision to stage the remake's climax at the World Trade Center by picketing the 102nd floor of the Empire State Building dressed in monkey suits.
7. For shots of Kong holding Jessica Lange, the filmmakers built giant hydraulic gorilla arms. The hands were six feet across and the arms weighed 1,650 lbs. each. The design was complex, so the arms were not ready until shooting was well underway. When they were finally built, producer Dino De Laurentiis was invited to the set to witness a test. He walked into the studio, and the giant arm extended in his direction. Then the middle finger slowly uncurled and extended itself. De Laurentiis broke up. So did the arm. It was frozen, finger up, for a week.
8. Carlo Rambaldi's mechanical King Kong is the largest mechanical creature ever created, towering a little over 40 feet.
9. Four ape suits were created and worn by Rick Baker and realistically depicted the appropriate musculature beneath the fur through a special under suit with silicone-filled muscles. The hands of the costume used animatronic extensions, again controlled by operators off set, so as to give Kong appropriately gorilla-like long limbs.