|Bloody Valentine Charm Bracelet - Coming Soon|
Purchase any item(s) from Laughing Vixen Lounge through February 28th and get 10% off your order. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout.
More Valentine Giveaways
Make sure to stop by and enter our other Valentine Giveaways going on this month. You'll have a chance to win some fun Laughing Vixen Lounge items.
Crazy Cupid Giveaway Hop Giveaway - Win you choice of Compact Mirror and Necklace - Ends 2/15
Forget Me Nots Giveaway Hop Giveaway - Win you choice of Compact Mirror and Necklace - Ends 2/14
Valentine Giveaway hosted by Strange Daze Indeed - Win you choice of Valentine Necklace from Laughing Vixen Lounge and a yummy cake from My Grandma's of New England - Ends 2/14
Featured Shop - Laughing Vixen Lounge
Laughing Vixen Lounge is a one woman show run by me, Kris, from just outside Portland, Oregon. The Lounge is proud to bring you Bangles, Baubles and other Needful Things
|Zombie Necklace $28|
The Lounge is full of compact mirrors, bracelets and necklaces all in fun pop culture designs. I love doing custom orders! Just ask. Some might notice that the pendants are missing from the shop. They are coming back this month with new and improved settings. I will also be adding lockets, rings and new bracelet styles. Lots of new stuff soon! Keep an eye out for sneak peeks here on the blog.
|Mermaid Pinup Charm Bracelet $45|
The Lounge is also your first choice in Supernatural inspired jewelry. Our SPN designs have gone out all over the world and to many a SPN Convention. They have even been seen in a photo or two with our customers and the boys themselves! Woohoo!!! If you're a fan of the show I'm sure you'll find our designs are the best around.
|Supernatural Protection Charm Bracelet - Ultimate Edition $65|
You'll have a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to the shop. Use it on anything and everything! Enter now on the main giveaway page.
|Funny Best Friends Compact - What Happens $15|
While you're at Laughing Vixen Lounge use the code FEBRUARY at checkout and receive a 10% discount off your purchase.
14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon
Follow along with us for 2 weeks full of classic and modern love story movies. Each night there will be a review of the next movie in our movie marathon. Leave a comment on each post with your opinion of that movie. On the last day you will find the magic phrase you will use to unlock the entry on the Rafflecopter worth 10 entries in the giveaway. You must comment on each movie post to qualify. I will check 8)
You can still go back and comment on all the movies you missed! Just make sure to get your entry in the Rafflecopter before the giveaway ends. You will need this phrase to enter.
Magic Phrase -
I made it through the 14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon with my heart intact.
Thanks to everyone who played the Guess The Movie Game. Hope you all had fun trying to figure out the next movie. We'll do it all again in October with our big Halloween Giveaway. Since there is no clue for tonight's post we have a new entry on the Rafflecopter widget just for today on the main Giveaway Post. It's worth 10 extra entries! The entry is...
What's your favorite love story/romance movie?
Make sure to leave your entry on the Rafflecopter and not in a comment or it will not count.
Night 14 - Say Anything
Tagline - To know Lloyd Dobler is to love him.
Diane Court is about to know Lloyd
She's got every thing going for her.
He's going for her with every thing he's got.
A Lloyd meets girl story
Directed by Cameron Crow (Almost Famous) on released on April 14, 1989 by Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation (Rated PG-13). Lloyd (John Cusack) and Diane (Ione Skye) fall in love the summer after graduation. When Diane gets a scholarship to study in England she has a choice to make. Listen to her father and dump Lloyd or listen to her heart and stay?
I love this movie. It doesn't get much better than this. This movie came out the same year I graduated from High School and it was Seattle before it was trendy to set everything in Seattle. Lloyd is charming and sweet. Diane is beautiful and warm. The movie is funny, sweet and even a little heart breaking. It is love at it's most simple and "basic" 8)
Best line - "I gave her my heart and she gave me a... pen." - Lloyd
Go watch it now!!!
Take a look at the original trailer...
Some trivia about the movie...
1. The Smithereens were commissioned by Cameron Crowe to write the theme song for the movie, and they came up with "A Girl Like You". Crowe thought that the lyrics were too leading (they outline the entire plot), so he rejected it in favor of Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes". "A Girl Like You" went on to be included in The Smithereens' next album, "11", and in the movie Backdraft (1991) by Ron Howard.
2. Director Cameron Crowe couldn't find the love song he wanted until he heard Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes". Gabriel asked to see part of the movie. Crowe had the production company send him an unfinished cut. Gabriel responded by saying he would let them use the song, as he liked the film. He was, however, wary about the part where the lead character overdosed at the end. It was then that Crowe realized that Gabriel had been sent a copy of Wired (1989) instead.
3. When Lloyd (John Cusack) drives along 45th street in Seattle, he passes the Guild 45th Theatre, which is showing Tapeheads (1988), in which Cusack also appeared.
4. Kirk Cameron was nearly cast as Lloyd instead of John Cusack.
5. John Cusack's kick boxing scenes in the ring, including the one where his nose is broken, are done with Don 'The Dragon' Wilson who is a real-life kick boxing champion.
6. Robert Downey Jr. turned down the lead played by John Cusack.
7. Christian Slater auditioned for the role of Lloyd Dobbler but director Cameron Crowe was adamant about getting John Cusack. Also, there was a tie between Ione Skye and actress Jennifer Connelly for the role of Diane Court.
8. Director Cameo: [Cameron Crowe] and wife Nancy Wilson as pedestrians in front of the mall as Lloyd passes by while recalling the site of their first "date".
9. The dojo featured in this movie is the same one that was used in The Karate Kid (1984) as the Cobra Kai dojo.
10. When Lloyd holds up the radio, it is actually playing a song by the group Fishbone. "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel was added post-production.
11. Lloyd makes several references in the movie to "Bell Square" mall, short for Bellevue Square (located in Bellevue, Washington). When Lloyd is driving in the rain and sees the mall, he is actually driving by Westlake Center (located in downtown Seattle).
12. Producer James L. Brooks said what inspired this movie was an incident where Brooks saw a man walking with his daughter. He saw them and wondered what would happen if the father committed a crime. Those thoughts were used to create the story.
13. The original Australian VHS release through CBS Fox features an early Simpsons short.
14. John Cusack put a scar on his right eyebrow for Lloyd's character. He says that the story behind that is that someone threw a rock at Lloyd when he was a kid.
15. The movie's line "I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen." was voted as the #73 of "The 100 Greatest Movie Lines" by Premiere in 2007.
16. Bebe Neuwirth's film debut.
17. Lloyd and Diane's school appears to be based on The Lakeside School, which is a very prestigious Seattle private school. In the movie, the school is called "Lakewood" (and has a rooster mascot, rather than a lion), but in Lloyd's first phone conversation with Diane, John Cusack mentions that at his annual party, Lloyd "dresses up as the Lakeside rooster."
18. Ione Skye once dated Anthony Kiedis, lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, whose song "Taste the Pain" opens the movie.