|Funny Vintage Ladies Compact - Love You $15|
Purchase any item(s) from Laughing Vixen Lounge through February 28th and get 10% off your order. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout.
Featured Shop - Placefulness
Placefulness is run by Dana from Atlanta, GA. Her shop is filled with beautiful and fun artwork and photography.
|Kitchen Photography - Breakfast - Set of 4 $40|
How did you choose your shop name?
"It's a term my boyfriend and I invented that referring to a place of our own. I'm sure everybody wants placefulness, a place to call their own whether it's physically a nice home or a place where they feel safe. I thought this name was perfect for the shop since the shop is all about "making love feel cozy anywhere" by bringing artwork to your home."
|The Happy List Typography Print $16|
Why did you choose to make/sell what you do?
"I've always enjoyed painting and drawing but realized I can't efficiently share it with anyone and had no need to keep piles of artwork locked up in boxes for no one to see. So i decided to offer originals and fine art prints to people to enjoy in their homes!"
|Love is... Original Acrylic Painting $18|
What inspires the designs/creations you make?
"My photography is mostly inspired by landscapes, natures, and the intricate details of something/someone. My artwork revolves around a mixture of dreamy colors and abstract layers that just embody how I feel at the time it has been painted. I usually have art sessions where I just draw or paint for a couple hours so all of those pieces tend to look like a series since my mood was the same throughout the whole process."
|Beach Photography - Southern Beaches - Set of 4 $40|
What new designs/creations would you like to add to your shop in the future?
"I really enjoy simple black and white typography and more watercolor if possible. I really like mini art canvases as well!"
|Owl Always Love You Mixed Media Art $10|
You'll have a chance to win $12 Gift Certificate from Placefulness. Enter now on the main giveaway page.
|Wander by Wonder |
Mixed Media Artwork $98
Visit Placefulness and use coupon code VIXEN20 at checkout for 20% off your order.
|Once Upon a Time Fine Art Photography $12|
Since it's Valentine's Day I had to ask the shops to share their favorite love story movies.
"It's hard to say. I never have an answer when people ask about my favorite movie. My mind gets flooded with different movie scenes but no particular movie actually rises to the surface. I enjoy just about any movie with wholesome acting and a well developed script. I'm a tough movie critic so every undeveloped scene stands out to me due to a film class I took in college. Oh, and you can never go wrong with action/comedy!"
14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon
Follow along with us for 2 weeks full of classic and modern love story movies. Each night there will be a review of the next movie in our movie marathon. Leave a comment on each post with your opinion of that movie. On the last day you will find the magic phrase you will use to unlock the entry on the Rafflecopter worth 10 entries in the giveaway. You must comment on each movie post to qualify.
Guess The Movie Game
This time around we decided not to post the movie list in full so we can play a fun game instead. Each daily post will have a clue to the next night's movie. Each day you can leave your guess on the Rafflecopter widget, on the main giveaway page, for 2 entries in the giveaway. **Guesses must be posted the same day as their clue to receive the 2 entries**
Tonight's Clue ~
Good Girl Meets Bad Boy in the Fifties. Hmmm...I feel a song coming on!
Night 4 - 50 First Dates
Tagline - Imagine having to win over the girl of your dreams... every friggin' day.
Directed by Peter Segal (Tommy Boy, The Longest Yard and Get Smart) and released on February 13, 2004 by Columbia Pictures (PG-13). Henry (Adam Sandler), a womanizing veterinarian, meets Lucy (Drew Barrymore), an art teacher. They hit it off and agree to meet the next day for breakfast. Problem is Lucy doesn't remember Henry the next day. Lucy has no short term memory as the result of an accident and now relives the same day over and over. Can Henry find a way to have Lucy fall in love with him again everyday?
I love Drew Barrymore but am not a huge Adam Sandler movie fan. This one works perfectly. It's sweet, funny and yes, it makes me cry. I love the "love conquers all" theme. Even when she tries to remove him from her life he still lives in her dreams. It's just a very touching movie.
That being said it's also a very funny movie. Silly but funny. And the Hawaii setting is absolutely beautiful. Add in a soundtrack of great covers with an island feel and you have one of my favorite
Take a look at the original trailer
Some trivia about the movie...
1. The original script set the movie in Seattle, the hometown of scriptwriter George Wing.
2. The book Lucy reads at breakfast, "Still Life With Woodpecker - A Sort Of A Love Story" by Tom Robbins, is a love story set in Hawaii.
3. The neurological condition that Lucy suffers from, Goldfield Syndrome, is entirely fictional. True anterograde amnesia affects either short-term memory, which can last minutes or seconds, or intermediate-term memory, which can last days or weeks. Falling asleep has nothing to do with the condition, and sleep actually intensifies many chemical effects which help memory.
4. In an early scene a dentist and a woman in the dentist's chair are seen talking with each other. The woman playing the dentist is Jackie Sandler, Adam Sandler's wife. And the woman in the chair is played by Linda Segal, director Peter Segal's wife, who actually is a dentist in real life.
5. Originally entitled "50 First Kisses".
6. Henry makes a video for Lucy to remind her of the events that have occurred since her accident. One of the items is "Red Sox win the World Series...” followed by "... Just Kidding". During the year of the film's release, the Red Sox actually broke an 86-year drought and won the World Series. 'Drew Barrymore' made the movie Fever Pitch (2005) about an avid Red Sox fan and they filmed the final scene on the Busch Stadium field while the Red Sox celebrated winning the 2004 World Series.
7. In the first scene where Henry walks into the Hukilau Cafe', Nick can be seen wearing a gray greasy tank top with the "W Y" logo of the Weyland-Yutani company from the Alien movies.
8. The Cafe that they keep meeting at is actually a house they fixed up for the movie. It is located on a macadamia nut farm on the eastern side of Oahu. The same house was used in Tears of the Sun (2003). And they also filmed scenes from Jurassic Park (1993) in the open fields nearby.