|Key To My Heart Necklace $16|
Purchase any item(s) from Laughing Vixen Lounge through February 28th and get 10% off your order. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout.
14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon
Follow along with us for 2 weeks full of classic and modern love story movies. Each night there will be a review of the next movie in our movie marathon. Leave a comment on each post with your opinion of that movie. On the last day you will find the magic phrase you will use to unlock the entry on the Rafflecopter worth 10 entries in the giveaway. You must comment on each movie post to qualify.
Guess The Movie Game
This time around we decided not to post the movie list in full so we can play a fun game instead. Each daily post will have a clue to the next night's movie. Each day you can leave your guess on the Rafflecopter widget, on the main giveaway page, for 2 entries in the giveaway. **Guesses must be posted the same day as their clue to receive the 2 entries**
Tonight's Clue ~
Sorry about your coma but I think I love your brother.
Night 2 - Sweet November
Tagline - She Just Needed A Month To Change His Life For Ever.
Directed by Pat O' Connor (Circle of Friends and Inventing the Abbotts) and released on February 16, 2001 by Warner Bros. Pictures (Rated PG-13). Nelson (Keanu Reeves) is a work obsessed man who crosses paths with free spirited Sara (Charlize Theron). She offers Nelson the opportunity to spend one month with her and in exchange she will help him learn to live a better life. Nelson finds this laughable until his world starts to crumble around him and decides to give Sara a chance.
It's no secret around here I'm a big Keanu Reeves fan. So that makes this movie all the better ;)
But that fact aside I still think it's a really sweet movie. Yes, we know before it starts that they will end up falling in love. The key here is the reason why she only gives each man one month. It's not hard to see what's coming but that's OK. It still works. *Sniff Sniff* Have the Kleenex handy.
Oh, and Keanu sings! Woohoo!!! And if you're a Michael Rosenbaum fan like I am (Lex Luthor on Smallville) you will not want to miss this movie. Lets just say "cross dressing"! A very fun role.
I recently saw the original 1968 movie that this version is based on. I enjoyed it lots. A bit different than the remake but very similar too. Funny and sweet.
Take a look at the original trailer
Some trivia about the movie...
1. Charlize Theron turned down the role of Evelyn in Pearl Harbor to star in this movie.
2. This film is listed among The 100 Most Enjoyably Bad Movies Ever Made in Golden Raspberry Award founder John Wilson's book THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® MOVIE GUIDE.
3. Apparently, to prepare himself for the cross-dressing scene, Jason Isaacs wandered the drag clubs, picking up on behavior of people there. He wanted to bring Keanu Reeves along, but it would be hard to go undercover with the star of the newly-released The Matrix, so he went alone.
4. Nelson's green shirt keeps appearing and disappearing on his right shoulder during his and Sara's first long kiss.
5. Nelson's Clio Awards on his mantle are teardrop-shaped, see-through colored glass. A Clio actually resembles an Emmy: a tall, skinny, solid metal female-shaped figurine holding a globe over its head.