Welcome to night 10 of the 5th annual 14 Nights of Valentine's Day Giveaway. Stop by the main Giveaway Post and enter to win a $200 Prize Pack full of decadent treats from 8 fabulous shops! Tonight we have the next movie in the Valentine Movie Marathon. Follow along daily for extra entries and the chance for a bonus 20 entries at the end of the giveaway. Test your movie knowledge and play the Guess the Movie game for even more entries. Then take a look at tonight's Featured Shop "Placefulness". Enjoy and have fun!
Shop Laughing Vixen Lounge and receive 10% off your order through February 28th. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout.
Featured Shop ~ Placefulness
Placefulness is run by Dana from Atlanta, GA. Placefulness is filled with her original photography and watercolors.
|City Lights Print|
How did you choose your shop name?
"Placefulness is something that represents home. It's not just a place but a sense of security, love, comfort, and hope."
|Smell the Roses Watercolor|
Why did you choose to make/sell what you do?
"I'm an amateur photographer but I am a professional daydreamer. Photography offers so much to people from travel to nature all in the comforts of their home."
|Eat Your Heart Out Print|
What inspires the designs/creations you make?
"I think I notice a lot of everyday things that people overlook from an artistic perspective and try to capture what I see. We all get busy and overwhelmed with life so sometimes it's nice to just look at a piece of nature or architecture in a different way from how your regularly experience it."
|Beach Love Print|
What new designs/creations would you like to add to your shop in the future?
"I want to work on getting all my current portfolio up from my study abroad in Ireland a few years ago. It was so lush and beautiful but updating my shop takes a long time. Hopefully, I will work on adding new prints weekly!"
|Cotton Candy Print|
You'll have a chance to win a set of 3 Fine Art Prints from Placefulness. Enter now on the main Giveaway Post.
Visit Placefulness on the Web and Trinkets by Dana on Etsy.
Follow on Facebook ~ Blog ~ Instagram
Since it's February, I asked the shops to share their favorite love story movies.
"I honestly don't have a favorite love story movie. However, The Notebook was always a well scripted and enjoyable love story in my opinion."
|Color Me Love Print|
14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon
Follow along with us for 2 weeks full of classic and modern love story movies. Each day there will be a review of the next movie in the marathon. Leave a comment on the post, with your opinion of the movie, and you can receive 1 entry in the giveaway. Each day you comment you can receive 1 entry. You will find the daily entries on the Rafflecopter on the main Giveaway Post.
*You may start following the marathon at any time and comment on past posts to catch up.
Comment on all 14 movies and you can receive a bonus 20 entries. On the last day of the giveaway you will find the magic phrase to unlock the bonus entries on the Rafflecopter.
*You must comment on each movie to qualify for the bonus 20 entries.
Guess the Movie Game
Each day there will be a clue to the next night's movie. Leave your guess on the Rafflecopter widget, on the main Giveaway Post, for 1 entry in the giveaway.
*Guesses must be posted the same day as their clue to receive the 1 entry.
*The Rafflecopter widget will reset to a new day 24 hours after you left your last guess.
*Please do not post guesses anywhere else on the blog or they will be deleted and not count.
Tonight's Clue ~ An almost school fling creates a long-time friendship that finally turns to love.
Night 10 ~ Love Actually
Tagline - Love actually is all around.
Directed by Richard Curtis (Pirate Radio and About Time) and released on November 14, 2003 by Universal Pictures (Rated R). Christmas time in England brings love and loss to a group of people randomly connected.
Love Actually is a sweet, funny and sometimes touching romantic comedy. A large cast of mostly British actors and actresses play a randomly connected group of people all experiencing love in one shape or another. We experience love in all it's form. You will laugh and you might even get a little misty-eyed but for the most part this is a feel good movie.
Released just over a year after the attacks on 9/11, you will see the effects reflected in the speech between the Prime Minister and the US President. But you will also see it reflected in a loving way at the end of the movie in the way the airport scene is filmed. Taking the fear and tragedy that was surrounding plane travel and replacing it with the love and happiness of reuniting friends and families. I think this is one of the best elements of this movie.
Love Actually is available to rent or stream from most DVD services.
Take a look at the original trailer.
Some trivia about the movie.
1. The airport greeting footage at the beginning and end of the film is real. Richard Curtis had a team of cameramen film at Heathrow airport for a week, and whenever they saw something that would fit in they asked the people involved for permission to use the footage.
2. According to Richard Curtis they had to put Emma Thompson in a "fat suit" to make her appear heavier because she is actually a very thin woman.
3. When Daniel says "We need Kate and we need Leo and we need them now", a toothpick can be seen in Daniel's left hand as he says "now". Later, Sam has a toothpick in his mouth while he and Daniel are lounging on a couch. What director Richard Curtis describes as "this toothpick business" was a result of Liam Neeson never being without a toothpick after he gave up smoking.
4. All four leading stars of Sense and Sensibility (1995), technically appear in this film, with Grant, Thompson and Rickman playing leading roles, and Kate Winslet appearing in stock footage of James Cameron's Titanic (1997).
5. The word "actually" is spoken twenty-two times by various characters in the film.
6. The video for Billy Mack's "Christmas is All Around" single is a clear reference to a series of memorable, and very popular, videos that Robert Palmer had done - "Addicted to Love", "Simply Irresistible", and "I Didn't Mean to Turn You On" - in which Palmer sings in a good suit, backed up by an all-female band, all dressed alike and dancing in a back-and-forth manner.
7. The school used for the Nativity concert at the end of the film is Elliott School, Putney, South West London and is where Pierce Brosnan went to school until he was fifteen.
8. In Daniel's eulogy he says that one of his wife's (joking) requests was to "bring Claudia Schiffer as my date to the funeral." Claudia Schiffer plays the mother of one of Sam's classmates who Daniel meets and develops an interest in near the end of the film.