|Frankenstein Charm Bracelet $32|
Featured Shop - Apocalypso
Apocalypso is run by Faith from Crazyville, NJ. Her shop is filled with designs inspired by Day of the Dead, Vintage and Retro.
|Vampire Fangs Earrings $37|
How did you choose your shop name?
"My shop name came from the fabulous ladies in my book club. I called upon them for some creative assistance. I wanted something fun vintagesque with a little retro appeal while giving a nod to my day of the dead yen. :)"
|Turquoise Red Coral Teardrop Necklace $55|
Why did you choose to make/sell what you do?
"I have a degree in Jewelry Design and I've been making jewelry since I was 10 years old when I started my first business selling bracelets to the kids in my school. I had a baby 1 year ago and took a break from my career. I needed something to keep my creativity flowing and a personal focus while being a stay at home mom. Before you knew it I was making and selling jewelry to my friends and they suggested I start an Etsy store, and voila!"
|Crimson Rose and Peacock Duster Earrings $20|
What inspires the designs/creations you make?
"All things colorful, vintage, retro and fun. I have a special love for Mexican Folk Art and Day of the Dead, the flowers, colors; it is all so vibrant."
|Day Of the Dead Animal Print Rose Earrings $20|
What new designs/creations would you like to add to your shop in the future?
" I think I'd like to include hair accessories."
|Medallion Vintage Style Barefoot Sandal $79|
You'll have a chance to win Any 1 set of earrings - $20 or less from Apocalypso. Enter now on the main giveaway page.
|Earrings by Apocalypso|
Visit Apocalypso and use coupon code DEAD5 at checkout for 5% off your order.
Since it's Halloween I had to asked the shops to share their favorite horror films.
"I'm an old movie junkie so I always go for Hitchcock's Psycho or Rear Window"
Attack of the 31 Nights of Halloween Movie List.
Follow along with us for a month full of classic and fun spooky movies. Each night there will be a movie review of the next movie on our Halloween Movie List. Leave a comment on each post with your opinion of that movie. On the last day you will find the magic phrase you will use to unlock the entry worth 25 entries in the giveaway. You must comment on each post.
Tagline - If you can't find a friend... make one.
Be Careful... She Just Might Take Your
Directed by Lucky McKee (The Woods and Red) and released on June 6, 2003 by Lions Gate Films (Rated R). May (Angela Bettis) has always been "different" and has trouble finding friends. Her best friend is Suzy a creepy old doll kept inside a glass box. May tries so hard to connect with the people around her like Adam (Jeremy Sisto) the boy she likes and Polly (Anna Faris) the girl she works with. But no one seems to understand May and no one sticks around for long. As May's mother once told her "If you can't find a friend make one".
This is a wonderful movie. It's so much more than a horror film. Angela Bettis is so good in her role as May that you can't help feeling for this character. We can all see a little bit of ourselves in her. The wanting to be accepted, trying to get the attention of a certain boy, wanting someone to like you for who you are and all the other insecure feelings we all have. May just happens to be a little closer to the edge of sanity then most. It's both sad and scary to watch her slide into madness.
The look of the film and the music work well. There is some blood but it's not over the top. It's just used effectively. The scene with the blind children, Suzy and May it just hard for me to watch but wonderfully done. The best scene here will come at the very end of the last scene. The first time I saw it I was creeped out. It is so unexpected and so wrong on so many levels!!! It's subtle but very effective. You should really go check this one out.
Take a look at the original trailer.
Some trivia about the movie
1. Director Cameo: [Lucky McKee] The man with his girlfriend in the elevator, both times.
2. Originally the film opened with a lengthy introduction to May as a child. But when the film appeared to be taking too long to get to its point, most of those scenes were cut. The opening with the adult May, specifically the first scene with her and her doll, were shot quickly and only to make the point that May was lonely as quickly as possible.
3. The scene where Blank and May meet was a re-shoot. In the original scene, May was not cold and vague, but angry, and insulted people as they walked by on the street. The scene ended with the two of them in the park. That scene is still in the film but entirely replaced and reedited. It is now the scene where Adam and May meet and have their final talk in the park. The scene is told only through close ups, with both May and Adam glancing off camera. They were originally looking at Blank who was sitting beside her but he was edited out of the scene completely.
4. There is a movie called "Roman" which is directed by Angela Bettis and stars Lucky McKee. A reversal of roles.
5. The teenage girl who asks May "got any cold ones in there" is dressed up as a zombie cheerleader in the exact same costume and makeup from Lucky McKee's very first movie, _All Cheerleaders Must Die (2001) (V).