|Cute 'n Spooky Halloween |
Charm Bracelet $45
Purchase any item(s) from Laughing Vixen Lounge through October 31st and get 10% off your order. Use code OTOBER10 at checkout.
Attack of the 31 Nights of Halloween Movie List.
Follow along with us for a month full of classic and fun spooky movies. Each night there will be a movie review of the next movie on our Halloween Movie List. Leave a comment on each post with your opinion of that movie. On the last day you will find the magic phrase you will use to unlock the entry worth 25 entries in the giveaway. You must comment on each post.
Night 12 - Cursed
Tagline - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Have you ever felt like you're not human
Directed by Wes Craven (Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream) and released on February 25, 2005 by Dimension Films (Rated PG-13 and released on video as unrated). Ellie (Christina Ricci) and Jimmy (Jesse Eisenberg) are attacked one night while trying to rescue a woman from a car accident. Strange feelings are starting to happen to them both since that night. Could that possibly have been a werewolf that attacked them? Hmmmmm... what do you think?
I expected a lot more from this the first time seeing it since it had Wes Craven's name on it. But on a second viewing, where there were no expectations of it, I actually found it fun to watch. It has hummor and lots of furry werewolves running around. While werewolves don't fair too well with the new computer graphic effects there are plenty of non computerized effects too curtisey of Rick Baker (An American Werewolf in London).
And it has Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) from Smallville in it with a pretty bad wig as he was still clean shaven for Smallville. A personal favorite of mine.
Take a look at the original trailer
Some trivia about the movie
1. Plagued by production problems and script issues, this film's release was delayed for over a year. Over half of the movie had to be re-shot with many cast members being replaced due to scheduling conflicts.
2. Mandy Moore was originally cast as Jenny and even filmed her scenes, but was replaced by Mya when the production was halted so the script could be rewritten.
3. When the production was stalled, many cast members were cut, including Illeana Douglas, Heather Langenkamp, Scott Foley, Omar Epps, Robert Forster, James Brolin and Corey Feldman. All of these actors even filmed their scenes which were cut when the movie was re-written and re-shot.
4. Skeet Ulrich originally had a role as the third lead, Christina Ricci's love interest, however when the film was re-scripted and preparing to re-shoot, he was unsatisfied with his characters changes and chose to drop out of the film. His character was then written out altogether.
5. Props of Freddy Krueger and the Elm Street house from Wes Craven's earlier film _Nightmare On Elm Street, A (1984)_ can be seen in the background at Tinseltown during the first scene.
6. The original plot line had three strangers brought together by a car accident in the Hollywood Hills and the subsequent attack of a werewolf. The three characters were named Ellie Hudson (Christina Ricci), Vince Winston (Skeet Ulrich) and Jimmy Myers (Jesse Eisenberg). When the script was re-written, the plot changed and focused on two estranged siblings who had to fight a curse after a werewolf attack. Skeet Ulrich's character was totally re-written and renamed Jake. Since Ellie and Jimmy became brother and sister, Ellie's surname was deleted and became Myers.
7. The cane on display in the beginning of the movie is the same one used in Storm of the Century by Stephen King.
8. In the beginning of the film, Jake shows Ellie a prop iron maiden. The prop is an exact replica of the iron maiden used in the 1960's The Addams Family TV show. Coincidentally, Christina Ricci was in The Addams Family.
9. After the first scene at Tinsel with Ellie (Christina Ricci) and Jake, there's a slow pan of the city. The lights clearly form a pentagram.