So what did everyone think of this weeks Fear Friday selection "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane"? While this movie was a little slower pace and not a huge gore factor (compared to most of today's movies) I found it creepy and suspenseful in it's simplicity. The look and feel of the movie is the real winner here. Set in the middle of nowheresville Texas our teens spend the night in an old southern styled mansion that looks so out of place in the desolate landscape. The movie had a slight worn and occasionally blurred look to it that added to the feel.
There were plenty of things here that lend to a fun horror film. Signs that say "Last gas for 150 miles", lonely back roads, excessive drug use, lots of cat fights, alcohol, sex, firearms, bodies strategically placed for final scene and a nice big twist at the end. All in all I enjoyed it.
- Did this movie make you jump, yawn or laugh? There was a little jump and a little laugh. While it was a bit slower pace it was an interesting watch with a little cheese factor for laughs.
- Did you like or dislike the monster/villain? I didn't find him all that interesting until the twist came then the Villains become more interesting to watch.
- If you were one of the characters in the movie which one would you be? I would really hope I was none of these characters. They were really an unlikable bunch but I guess that's why we don't mind seeing the disappear one by one.
- If the monster/villain could have had one superpower what should it have been? One of our villains seemed to already have superpowers. They ran super fast and had the power to charm their victims. What more do you need?
- What was the best line or scene in the movie? Best line...While everyone is sitting in the living room not really bothered by the fact that two of their friends have gone missing, Chloe has a sudden over the top outburst regarding one of them. "He's drunk and he's in a truck and he's got a gun. OK, that's bad!" Well said Chloe.
So let hear what you thought.