Friday, May 15, 2009

Fear Friday Review


So what did everyone think of this weeks Fear Friday selection "The Creature From The Black Lagoon"? Here's my answers to this weeks questions....


  1. Did this movie make you jump, yawn or laugh? I would go with laugh. With all the 50's stereotypes, bad lines and overall cheesiness it's quite amusing. Which is why I love it so much.

  2. Did you like or dislike the monster/villain? Who wouldn't love this monster. Yes it's a face only a mother could love but who wouldn't be angry and irritable after such a bad lip job. I just adore the Gillman.

  3. If you were one of the characters in the movie which one would you be? I'd like to think I would be our leading lady Kay. Scientist by day...Sexy bombshell by night. Looks great in a bathing suit and does an amazing over the shoulder glance and scream. But I fear I would end up being the Creature. Shuffling around, trying to get peoples attention but instead they just shoot me with pointy sticks.

  4. If the monster/villain could have had one superpower what should it have been? Might have been fun if he was electrified like an eel. Then he could have gone around zapping people.

  5. What was the best line or scene in the movie? Well, for the first 30 minutes of the movie we only saw the Creature's hand along with a very overpowering string of musical notes. Ba Ba BAAAAAAAAA...Hand...Ba Ba BAAAAAAAA...Hand. I found this most amusing. You could have made a drinking game out of it. I also liked the bat that flew at Dave's head at the end. And when approached by the Creature, instead of turning and running, Kay chooses to turn and...fall down. Priceless.

So all in all I really do love this movie. It's always much fun to watch. Post your thoughts on it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment