Tonight's Featured Item - Bloody Valentine Charm Bracelet
|Bloody Valentine Charm Bracelet - Coming Soon To The Shop!|
Purchase this, or any other featured item, from Laughing Vixen Lounge through February 29th and get 10% off. Use code FEBRUARY10 at checkout.
The 14 Nights of Valentine's Day Shop Feature - Deep Midnight Perfume Oils
Deep Midnight Perfume Oils is run by Cat from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Her shop is filled with wonderful smelling perfumes.
The scents in Cat's shop are inspired by a little mystery, a little magic, a little danger, a little excitement, a little goth, a little steampunk and a little naughty Victorian.
You'll also find Valentine themed scents in great little sample sets for women and men. Choose from The Vixen Girls, The Wicked Girls, The Lovely Ladies and more!
You'll have a chance to win your choice of 2 Valentine themed sample packs from Cat's shop. Enter now on the main giveaway page.
Take a minute to stop by Deep Midnight Perfume Oils and find a fabulous new scent for yourself.
To get in the Valentine spirit each shop was asked what their favorite love story movie is. Cat said "The Princess Bride would be my favorite romantic movie. I love the characters, the music, and the cinematography. I still have the video and soundtrack to the movie an it has seen me through two boyfriends and a current husband! I also think it has enough comedy in it to appeal to men and makes a good romantic movie to watch with your man. I would say my second would be Breakfast at Tiffany's, because Audrey Hepburn is so lovely!"
Fridays at Laughing Vixen Lounge Blog are Fear Fridays where we review a different horror/scary/thriller/classic horror movie. Tonight our Fear Friday movie is keeping with our Valentine theme...
Fear Friday - My Bloody Valentine
Tagline- He's gonna break your heart.
Nothing says 'date movie' like a 3D ride to
Directed by Patrick Lussier (Dracula 2000 and the upcoming Halloween III 3D) and released on January 19, 2009 by Lionsgate (rated R). Starring Jensen Ackles (Supernatural), Kerr Smith (Dawson's Creek) and Jamie King (Gary Unmarried). In the mining town of Harmony a horrible accident kills 5 people in the mine. The one survivor awakes from a coma on Valentine's Day and kills 22 people. Amongst the dead are a bunch of teens who were having a party down at the mine (yeah, that sounds like a smart idea!). Only a few teens survive. Skip forward 10 years as everyone comes together again in the small town. People have changed, things have changed but the one this that remains the same....It's Valentine's Day and people are gonna start dying!
I usually stand behind the original version of a movie as the best but here I actually find the remake to be much more fun to watch. The two do vary a bit in story and who the killer ends up being but they have the same overall story and feel to them. The remake is fun and kept me guessing who the killer was. Early on I had my suspicion but it was good at making me doubt my choice. I flopped like a fish back and forth until the end. Which is a good thing in my book. I don't want to completely see the ending coming from a mile away.
Now for tonight's movie. Make sure to leave a comment below. Anyone who leaves a comment, with their opinion of the movie, for each of the 14 movies will get an extra 10 entries in our Valentine's Day Giveaway. After you finish commenting on all 14 movies you need only leave 1 comment on the main giveaway page that says "I made it through the 14 Nights of Valentine's Day Movie Marathon with my heart intact!" That 1 comment will count for 10 entries.
Night 10 - The Lake House
Tagline - How do you hold on to someone you've
Music selections from the movie on the jukebox -
1. This Never Happened Before - Clientele
2. Time Has Told Me - Nick Drake
3. I Can't Seem To Make You Mine - Paul McCartney
Directed by Alejandro Agresti and released on June 16, 2006 by Warner Brothers Pictures. Kate (Sandra Bullock) is moving out of her beautiful glass house on the lake. She leaves a note in the mailbox for the next tenant to forward her mail to her new address. Alex (Keaun Reeves) opens the mailbox and finds her note. Only thing is, Alex lives in the lake house two years prior to Kate. Wooooo...spooky. The two fall in love as they exchange many letters. Can their love survive the "long distance" relationship and will they be able to find each other in time?
I like the concept of this movie. It's all about destiny and a little magic. If the whole time difference starts to get too confusing just don't think about it that much and go with it. It's sweet, a little sad in spots and leaves you with that wonderful feeling that anything can happen. I just love Keanu and this is a great little movie.
Take a look at the original trailer...
Some trivia about the movie...
1. John Cusack was the first choice for the role of Alex Wyler, but he declined.
2. The name of the exclusive restaurant in the film is "Il Mare". "Il Mare" is also the name of the house and the International title of the Korean film upon which "The Lake House" is based, Siworae (2000).
3. Sandra Bullock states that she felt compelled to name the dog "Jack" after the character of Keanu Reeves in Speed (1994) the first movie the two of them made together.
4. Director Cameo: [Alejandro Agresti] man using breath spray on the bus, beside Sandra Bullock.
5. The film clip featuring Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant is from the Alfred Hitchcock film Notorious (1946).
6. The lake house measured 2000 square feet and sat on top of steel beams ten feet above the waterline. It used 35 tons of steel and required nearly 100 carpenters, welders and painters to build it.
7. The actual house did not exist and was built for the movie, then dismantled. The coordinates are 41° 42' 49.92" N, 87° 53' 10.56" W. (Google Earth can be used to view this location now, and using the History feature, the house can still be viewed.)
8. The Lake House used was located on Maple Lake, a small and well known haunted fishing lake located in Willow Springs, IL. Read more about the haunted lake here.