Tonight's Featured Item - Vampire Fangs Necklace.
|Vampire Fangs Necklace $16|
Purchase this necklace from Laughing Vixen Lounge during October and get 10% off. Use code OCTOBER10
Attack of the 31 Nights of Halloween Shop Feature - The Sideshow Soap Co
Tonight's featured shop is The Sideshow Soap Co run by Jessica out of New York. This shop is filled with great bath and body products all wrapped up in a fun Sideshow Carnival theme.
|Human Blockhead Body Scrub|
How did you decide on your shop name? "I have always loved circus sideshows and curiosities, and I myself am a bit of a "clean freak" so The Sideshow Soap Co. For Clean Freaks seemed a like a natural fit!"
|Albino Alligator Luxurious Lotion|
What inspires Jessica's designs? "Everything! Old movies like Tod Browning's Freaks for one, burlesque and sideshow culture, books, works of art. Almost anything can be translated into scent so the possibilities are endless."
|Full Moon Soap|
Why did you decide to start a shop and fill it with this type of product? "I love making soap and bath and body products so much that I wanted to share it with anyone else who appreciates my eccentric perspective. I am an indie bath and body junkie myself so I share any product that I like enough that I would buy it for myself. I am a tough critic!"
Since it's Halloween I had to ask the shops what their favorite horror film is. "The Omen. I love religious and supernatural horror."
A big thanks to Jessica and The Sideshow Soap Co for joining in the giveaway. Make sure to stop by the shop and see what freaky good treats are waiting for you inside.
Now for tonight's movie. Make sure to leave a comment below. Anyone who leaves a comment, with their opinion of the movie, for each of the 31 movies will get an extra 10 entries in our GIANT Giveaway.
Night 10 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Tagline - Sometimes it takes more than just good
looks to kill.
She knows a sucker when she sees one.
Homework. Cheerleading practice. Killing
Vampires. No one said high school would
Directed by Fran Rubel Kuzui and released on July 31, 1992 by Twentieth Century Fox (rated PG-13). Buffy (Kristy Swanson) is your typical high school girl. She's busy with cheerleading, parties, clothes, friends, boys and stuff. And if that wasn't enough one day she finds out she is "the chosen one" who must rid her town of blood sucking Vampires. It's like so totally uncool!
I remember seeing this at the Drive-In shortly after I graduated from high school. It was fun then and it's still fun now. The TV series has been the version that everyone talks about but the movie deserves it's own attention. It was a smart and funny film. If you haven't seen it for awhile give it a watch some night. It's a great guilty pleasure.
Being a huge Christian Slater fan at the time, the best line in the movie was....
"All I want to do is graduate from high school, go to Europe, marry Christian Slater and die".
Some trivia about the movie...
1. Ben Affleck appears in one scene as a basketball player.
2. Seth Green and Chi Muoi Lo are the only actors to appear in both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Green was cut from the feature film but still appeared on the videotape box.
3. Alyssa Milano was originally set to play Buffy.
4. Despite claiming he was cut from the movie, Seth Green does appear in it - although it are just 3 seconds and the 2 of it he is seen from behind. He is the short red haired vampire that gets kicked by Buffy outside the gym while a group of vampires, including him, taunt her. You can recognize him by his haircut alone.
5. The original script by Joss Whedon was heavily re-written to make the film "lighter". In the original script, Buffy burns down the school gym that the dance is being held in, in an effort to destroy the vampires. In the television series (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) this fact is referred to several times, as the series is seen as a spin-off of the original, unproduced screenplay rather than this film.