Friday, August 31, 2012

Fear Friday - New Pendants Too

Tonight is the last of the birthday themed Fear Fridays. Take a look and share your opinions of the movie. But first here is a quick peek at what's new at Laughing Vixen Lounge.

The custom settings and designs have been delayed a bit longer (late October, early November) but I was able to get about 200 of the new Small Round Silver Pendants. I have already started listing them in the shop. Mostly Halloween designs now but if you see something else in the shop you would like on a pendant just ask! 8)




 

 


You can find all of these designs and more in the shop now. Stop by next week for a sneak peek at some more new settings and designs coming soon to Laughing Vixen Lounge.


Fridays at the Laughing Vixen Lounge Blog are Fear Fridays where we review a different horror/scary/thriller/classic horror movie. Tonight our Fear Friday movie is keeping with our Birthday theme...

Fear Friday - My Soul To Take



Tagline - Only One Has The Power To Save Their Souls

Directed by Wes Craven (Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream) and released on October 8, 2010 by Rogue (Rated R). A serial killer vows to return and murder the seven children who were born on the day he was killed. Sixteen years later, on the their birthday, the legend looks to be coming true.

While Wes Craven has made better movies, and some way worse ones, this was a pretty good watch. Not too scary or gory but interesting enough to hold my attention. It kept me guessing 'til the end and entertained me for an hour and a half. If you haven't seen it give it a try when there's nothing better on the TV.


Take a look at the original trailer (spoilers beware!)



Some trivia about the movie...
1. This is the first film that Wes Craven has both written and directed since New Nightmare.
2. In an attempt to promote the film, Rogue Pictures staged a fake stabbing at the movies premiere and posted it onto the popular video viewing site YouTube, which showed a man being "stabbed" in front of Wes Craven and the rest of the cast of the movie, using a plastic knife. The video was then later confirmed to be fake.
3. Originally titled '25/8'. Wes Craven announced on October 19, 2009 that the title was changed.
4. The title 'My Soul to Take' was taken from the children's prayer: "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take."

1 comment: