Welcome to night 2 of the 5th annual Attack of the 14 Nights of Halloween Giveaway. Stop by our MAIN GIVEAWAY POST and enter to win a Prize Pack full of goodies worth $300 donated by 10 wickedly fabulous shops. In this post you will find our first Featured Shop ~ Deep Midnight Perfumes, details on how to earn EXTRA ENTRIES with our Murder Mystery Scavenger Hunt & Halloween Movie Marathon and test your movie knowledge with the Guess the Movie Game. Make sure to visit us each day during the giveaway so you do not miss out on any of the fun!
|Witches Night Charm Bracelet or Necklace|
$1 from each sale at Laughing Vixen Lounge goes to support the Joy Cinema. A single screen theater in Tigard, Oregon that has been in operation since 1939. Purchase from LVL and help keep the classic cinema experience alive. See full fundraising details and the Joy's story HERE.
Murder Mystery Scavenger Hunt
Our scavenger hunt works like a game of Clue. Every day you will be looking for clues to a different part of the mystery ~ Settings, Suspects, Rooms, Weapons and Escapes. They will be hidden (at the top of the description) in a listing inside one of our participating shops. On each daily post you will be given a hint to which listing the clues are hiding in. Once you find a clue go to the MAIN GIVEAWAY POST and take the daily entry on the giveaway widget. Today's entry will be at the top of the list while all past entries will be at the bottom of the list.
*Make sure you are finding today's clue. Each clue has a date. Shops have more than one set of clues hiding there so pay attention. Submit the wrong clue and it will not count.
*You may start the Scavenger Hunt at anytime during the giveaway and find past clues.
*You can earn 5 extra entries in the giveaway for each set of clues found.
*Please only post clues on the giveaway widget. Anywhere else and they will be deleted.
Scavenger Hunt Special Giveaway!
Keep a list of the clues you find. On October 31st and November 1st you will be able to use the clues you have found and submit your guess of how the murder happened. 1 random winner from any correct guesses will win a $60 Gift Certificate to Laughing Vixen Lounge and a $30 Gift Certificate to Deep Midnight Perfumes. If no one guesses correctly then 1 random winner from all submitted guesses will win their choice of 1 item from Laughing Vixen Lounge (up to $20 value) and a Perfume Sampler Set (your choice of scents) from Deep Midnight Perfumes. Full details on how to submit your guess will be listed on October 31st. You do not need to find all of the clues to submit a guess but the more you find the better your guess.
Clue for October 19th
A murder has been committed! The body of Miss Death has been found at Raven's Perch Manor. Detective Heathmoor needs your help collecting the clues of the crime. Can you solve the mystery?
Night 2 ~ You will be collecting clues to the setting of the crime.
Tonight's clue is hiding in Deep Midnight Perfumes.
Need a little help finding the clue? Fear the dead.
*The clue is in the shop listed above. It will be in one of the listings.
*Make sure you are finding today's clue. It will have a date.
*The hint above is to help you find which listing the clue is in. DO NOT answer the above clue. Your entry will not count.
*The clue is not on this page.
Featured Shop ~ Deep Midnight Perfumes
Deep Midnight Perfumes is run by Cat from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Her shop is filled with some of the most wonderful smelling perfumes around.
|Faolan's Dream Perfume Oil|
How did you choose your shop name?
"Deep Midnight refers to the darkest hours of the night, which is not really midnight, but rather the hours after 1 am and before dawn. I am definitely a child of the night time!"
|Deep Midnight Perfume Oil|
Why did you choose to make/sell what you do?
"I have always loved perfumes since I was a child ( My fabulous Mom introduced me to quality scents at a young age), but I dislike alcohol base scents, spray perfumes and drug store and department store scents that all smell alike and give me chemical headaches. I have asthma and only used perfume oils growing up so that no aerosol chemicals could get into my lungs. I have also studied aromatherapy as part of my alternative medicine and Chinese Medicine studies and I enjoy scents that enhance moods."
|Mermaids Perfume Oil|
What inspires the designs/creations you make?
"I love the fantasy and historical eras and also pop culture. Most of my themes come from there. I have a college degree in History and I love ancient history and the 19th century the most."
|Game of Thrones Inspired Perfume Oil|
What new designs/creations would you like to add to your shop in the future?
" I have added body creams and lip balms as well as perfume pendants and aroma pendants to my shop!"
|Grimalkin Perfume Oil|
Cat, the magic behind Deep Midnight Perfumes.
Deep Midnight Perfumes donates monthly to various animal charities. They also have a special charity sale every year after Christmas to to raise funds.
|Corvinna Perfume Oil|
You'll have a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from Deep Midnight Perfumes. Enter now on the MAIN GIVEAWAY POST.
|Victorian Halloween Perfume Sampler Set|
Since it's Halloween the shops share their favorite spooky movies.
"I have always loved Dracula with Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder. I love the costumes, special effects, cinematography, and the music from the show. I love that it was a dark love story. I also loved the creepy old time scary goodness of A Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia. Because it reminded me of the old school scary movies like Poltergeist and still made sense and was well done."
Visit Deep Midnight Perfume Oils during the giveaway and use coupon code OCT2016LVL15 at checkout for 15% off your order.
Find out more about Deep Midnight Perfumes here.
Follow on Facebook ~ Twitter
Attack of the 14 Nights of Halloween Movie Marathon.
Follow along with us for 2 full weeks of spooky movies. This year we feature personal favorites of Laughing Vixen Lounge. Find some new movies to watch this season, or maybe relive some old favorites, and receive EXTRA ENTRIES at the same time. On each daily post there will be a review of the next movie in our movie marathon. Leave a comment on the post with your opinion of that movie. Once you have posted go to the MAIN GIVEAWAY POST and take the daily entry on the giveaway widget. Today's entry will be at the top of the entry list while all past entries will be at the bottom of the list. Comment on all movies in the marathon and receive an EXTRA 20 ENTRIES at the end of the giveaway.
*You may start following the Movie Marathon at any time during the giveaway and post comments on past daily posts.
*Each comment will earn you an EXTRA 5 ENTRIES.
*Comment on each movie to earn an EXTRA 20 ENTRIES at the end of the giveaway.
*On October 31st or November 1st you must use the Magic Phrase (revealed on October 31st) and use it to unlock the entry on the giveaway widget to receive the 20 entries. You must have commented on each movie.
Guess The Movie Game
Think you know your scary movies? Try your luck with this fun game and receive EXTRA ENTRIES just for guessing. Each daily post will have a hint to the next night's movie. Leave your guess on the giveaway widget, on the MAIN GIVEAWAY POST, for an EXTRA 5 ENTRIES in the giveaway. You do not need to be right just give it an honest try.
*Guesses must be made the same day as their hint to receive the entry. Guessing for a past hint will not count and will be deleted.
*Entry will reset 24hrs after your last guess.
*Please only post guesses on the giveaway widget.
Tonight's Hint ~ Mom always said don't pick up hitchhikers.
Halloween Movie Marathon
Night 2 ~ Rosemary's Baby
Tagline - Pray for Rosemary's Baby
Roman Polanski directed this film adaptation of Ira Levin's bestselling horror novel. Released on June 12 1968 by Paramount Studios (Rated R). Rosemary Woodhouse (Mia Farrow) and her not-so-successful actor husband, Guy (John Cassavetes), move into a Gothic apartment building in New York called The Bramford. Of course, they were told of The Bramford's reputation for odd going-ons but they happily ignore it. After an unfortunate "accident" happens their neighbors, Roman and Minnie Castevet (Sidney Blackmer and Ruth Gordon), soon invade their lives. After Guy starts spending far too much time with the Castevets he begins to land acting roles. When Rosemary becomes pregnant she starts to become suspicious of her surroundings and the people who inhabit it.
Everything works here. The mood is one of uneasiness and paranoia as we watch Rosemary fall deeper and deeper into the world of The Bramford. Mia Farrow does such a great job that you can not help but feel everything she is feeling right along with her. Adding to the look of the film are the colorful outfits, home decor of the era and the exterior of the famous Dakota building. There is not any gore and little violence in this film. It is a well written and acted horror thriller that is truly one of the best. If you haven not seen it I highly, highly recommend it.
And yes, my mother's name is Rosemary. Muwahahahahaha!!!
Rosemary's Baby was remade as a TV mini-series in 2014 this time with Zoe Saldana playing the character of Rosemary and the setting moved to Paris, France.
Rosemary's Baby 1968 is currently available to stream on Netflix, rent on Vudu, Amazon and MGo and should be available on most DVD services.
Take a look at the original trailer.
Some trivia about the movie.
1. The building used for The Bramford is the famous Dakota building in New York City. Many will remember it as the place John Lennon was living and was shot in front of.
2. Vidal Sassoon created the now famous "Pixie" cut for Mia Farrow to wear in the movie.
3. William Castle (famously known for his low budget movies such as "House on Haunted Hill, The Tingler and I Saw What You Did") owned the movie rights to the novel but Paramount would only agree to green-light the movie if he agreed to only produce the movie not to direct it. He did however have a cameo in the film as "The man near the phone booth".
4. Mia Farrow does the vocals on the title-sequence lullaby.
5. Mia Farrow received divorce papers while filming. She was married to Frank Sinatra at the time.
6. Ruth Gordon won a well deserved Oscar for her role as the over friendly neighbor "Minnie".
7. Oscar-nominated editor Sam O'Steen would later direct the sequel, Look What's Happened to Rosemary's Baby.
8. This was Roman Polanski's very first adaptation, and it is very faithful to the novel. Pieces of dialog, color schemes and clothes are taken verbatim.
9. Mia Farrow actually ate raw liver for a scene in the movie.
10. Rosemary's baby was born in June 1966 (6/66).
11. Tony Curtis is the voice on the phone of the actor who is struck blind by a witch's curse so that Rosemary's husband can get an acting job.
12. Directed by Roman Polanski, whose pregnant wife actress Sharon Tate was murdered in 1969 by Charles Manson and his followers, who titled their death spree "Helter Skelter" after the 1968 song by The Beatles, one of whose members, John Lennon, would one day live (and in 1980 be murdered) in the Manhattan apartment building called The Dakota - where Rosemary's Baby had been filmed.
13. There is a heatedly disputed rumor that Sharon Tate appears unbilled at the party Rosemary gives for her "young" friends.
14. A scene was shot, but not used, of the characters attending an off-Broadway play. Mia Farrow's and Emmaline Henry's attend a performance of "The Fantasticks" and meet Joan Crawford and Van Johnson as themselves. Along with several other insignificant scenes, this was deleted to reduce the film's running time.
15. According to Mia Farrow, the scenes where Rosemary walks in front of traffic were spontaneous and genuine. Roman Polanski is reported to have told her that "nobody will hit a pregnant woman."
16. Roman Polanski was so faithful to the novel that he asked Ira Levin the date of the issue of the New Yorker in which Guy Woodhouse sees a shirt he wants. Levin confessed that he had made up the detail.
17. Rosemary (Mia Farrow) says to Terry Gionoffrio (Angela Dorian), "I thought you were Victoria Vetri, the actress," to which Terry responds, "Everyone says that, but I don't see the resemblance." Victoria Vetri is Angela Dorian's real name.
18. Mia Farrow went on to play the nanny to "devil child" Damien in the 2006 remake of The Omen almost 40 years later. The film was released to coincide with the date 06/06/06 in order to spark interest and gain publicity.
19. Producer William Castle wanted to display a grotesque demon baby at the end of the film when Mia Farrow looks at her child but Roman Polanski (and the other producers) vetoed the idea in lieu of a more ambiguous scene.
20. Casting for this film presented its own problems: Polanski at first saw Rosemary as an "All-American Girl" and sought Tuesday Weld for the lead, but she passed on the role. Jane Fonda was then approached, but turned down the offer so she could make Barbarella in Europe with then- husband Roger Vadim. According to his memoirs, Polanski for a while had the idea of having his future wife Sharon Tate on the part of Rosemary, yet he desisted, thinking it would have been unethical. Other actresses considered for the part were Julie Christie, Elizabeth Hartman and Joanna Pettet. Robert Evans suggested Mia Farrow based on her TV work and her media appeal (at the time she was Mrs. Frank Sinatra). Both men wanted Robert Redford for the role of Guy Woodhouse, but negotiations broke down when Paramount's lawyers blundered by serving the actor with a subpoena over a contractual dispute regarding his pulling out of Silvio Narizzano's film Blue. Other actors considered were Richard Chamberlain, Jack Nicholson and James Fox. Laurence Harvey begged to do it, Warren Beatty turned it down claiming "Hey! Can't I play Rosemary?", before the part was offered to John Cassavetes. For Minnie and Roman Castevet, William Castle suggested Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne, the famous Broadway acting duo. He even tried to convince Polanski to let him play the part of Dr. Sapirstein, a role eventually filled by Ralph Bellamy.
|Black Hat Society Compact|