Friday, June 26, 2009

Fear Friday review of "The Uninvited".

So, what did everyone think of this week's selection "The Uninvited"? I was pleasantly surprised by what I thought would be a non threatening PG-13 film. So here we go with the question and answers.
  • Did this movie make you jump, yawn or laugh? I would have to say jump. While not really scary it was on the creepy side. A lot of the images were a bit disturbing as they crawled, grabbed and just plain bothered people.
  • Did you like or dislike the monster/villain? At first we are suppose to assume the soon to be step mom to be the villain and what a villain she is. Played wonderfully by Elizabeth Banks, Rachel seemed to be the perfect evil step mom out to rule the roost. But what a lovely surprise to find out that she was not the evil in this store but one of the victims. The true villain was played equally as a good by Emily Browning as the deeply disturbed Anna. I love a good twist and I never saw this one coming.
  • If you were one of the characters in the movie which one would you be? I suppose I would end up being the main character Anna. Wake up one moment and realized "Hey, I'm the crazy one. Damn..."
  • If the monster/villain could have had one superpower what should it have been? I really couldn't come up with a super power for this one. So sue me.
  • What was the best line or scene in the movie? I really enjoyed the scene where Anna's boy friend comes to visit her late one night by crawling through her window. Almost from the get-go you know something is not right and as it becomes increasingly more obvious that Matt is not alright you prepare for that "eeewwwww" moment. Then the camera pulls back and we see that Matt is no longer living and something is soooo wrong with his back. Watching him desperately trying to move towards Anna is sad and creepy all at the same time.

So leave your answers and let me know what you thought of it. We'll be back tomorrow with next week's film.

No comments:

Post a Comment